When it comes to window treatments, you’ll find that there is a wide assortment of choices available. However, one of the types you might want to consider is aluminum Venetian blinds due to its durability, variety available and good light control.
Aesthetically, aluminum venetian blinds also make a unique statement: the headrails are contoured, the aluminum is durable and long-lasting, and the colors they come in are many. They’re a great alternative to plastic blinds, and a great choice for large windows because they weigh less than plastic.
Aluminum blinds are ideal for giving your space that modern loft look, and are often seen in warehouse-style spaces.
However, they do not blend well with all settings and so an understanding of when to use them is helpful when making a decision on whether or not to use aluminum blinds.
Popular uses of aluminum blinds:
1. Loft homes, apartments and warehouse-style homes: A loft apartment refers to large adaptable open space, often converted for residential use, which is why aluminum blinds are a perfect fit for these types of homes. The metal look of the blinds enhances the industrial look and feel of the space.
2. Commercial buildings, like hospitals and restaurants: Aluminum blinds are great for high traffic areas because they are incredibly durable.
3. Retro-style homes: As home decorating styles from the 50′s come back in style.
4. Rooms with lots of sun: Aluminum blinds block light well and protect your home from UV rays.
5. Any high traffic room in your home: They last for a very long time, withstand active kids and pets, and look great for years.
Aluminum Venetian blinds are also very easy to care for. The easiest way to maintain them is simply to dust them once each week. You could also vacuum them with a soft brush attachment.
By taking proper care of your Venetian blinds, you can extend their life and provide your home with beautiful window treatments for years and years to come.